Home of the Green Knights!
Pen Argyl Area High School
Announcements and Important Events
Dear 7th-12th Grade Students & Families,
Here is some important information for those interested in participating in a school sport during the 2023-2024 School Year.
The official sports start dates include the following; Fall sports: Golf and HS Football August 7th, 2023, MS Football and all other fall sports start August, 14th, 2023. Winter Sports: ALL sports November 17th, 2023. and Spring Sports: March 4th, 2024. Sports offerings by season can be found at www.penargylathletics.org, as well as schedules and calendar of events.
Pen Argyl’s Athletic Department will continue to host our Pre-Participation Athletic Forms and Registration online at PlanetHS. This digital platform allows you to access and complete athletic forms online. It is HIPPA, COPPA, and FERPA compliant.
If you have used PlanetHS in the past, please do not create another student account, simply log in with the credentials that you already have established, update your account information and complete any new athletic forms. If you have any issues logging in, please email Mr. Roberts at Roberts.email@example.com, again, do not create any new student accounts.
NEW ATHLETE & PARENT REGISRTATION (new this season). Every student is already in the system. They need to simply activate their account by logging in at PlanetHS using their school email address and “bigteams” as their password (they will then be asked to change the password).
New Parents will need to click “sign up” to register, and follow the prompts. Then, link the student account to the parent account or vice versa, and complete all of the required athletic forms. The parent account has specific forms to fill out, as well as the student account. So you will need to complete them by logging in to each account. Please digitally sign your name in any space provided that says INT.
A few key points for PlanetHS:
- Please complete this information as soon as possible, so that our coaches have accurate information on potential players. Athlete’s whose accounts are incomplete will not show up on the coach’s roster. This platform also allows coaches to message players and parents with team information. So please allow emails and texts for instant information.
- Parent & Student must both have separate accounts. If your student has never logged into planeths before, use your school email and “bigteams” for a password.
- Select the correct School (Pen Argyl HS or Wind Gap MS) & check ALL sport(s) you want to register for. This may have changed from last year. Please make sure it is accurate for this school year.
- Link Parent & Student accounts
- Some fields are required (ie. Emergency #’s). Simply add same number or text if pop up tells you it was required.
- Take a GOOD, CLEAR picture of your PIAA section 7 with your cell phone to make uploading it to planeths easier.
- Students are not permitted to participate in any school district sport until ALL parent and student information is complete in planetHS. This does not include open gyms/open workouts/weight room activities.
You will need a physical (dated after June 1, 2023) before you will be allowed to participate in any sports in the Pen Argyl Area School District. This physical must be completed on the PIAA physical form. No other forms of physicals are accepted.
You will need to print, and bring PIAA section 5 and 6 to your physical appointment. Not all offices have copies available, and may give you the wrong form. You can access the required forms via your planeths account by going to athletic forms, clicking PIAA section 5 and use the print/upload button just under the blue box. This will allow you to print both sections 5&6 at the same time.
If you participated in a Fall or Winter sport in the 2023-2024 season, login to your planeths account and complete PIAA section 7 for spring sports. This is all you will need in order to participate in a Spring sport this year, unless you are contacted by Mr. Roberts.
We are looking forward to the 2023-2024 Sports seasons, and wish you all the best. If you have any questions please contact Mr. Roberts by email at Roberts.firstname.lastname@example.org
Information regarding mandatory Baseline ImPACT testing for 7th, 9th, and 11th grade students, as well as anyone new to playing a sport this season, will be distributed shortly.